Monday 28 July 2008

Grammar Weakness

I have problems with verb+preposition, verb pattern and collocation. They are more important for speaking than writing to me. In writing I have time to consider, but I must create my idea quickly in speaking. One of my weak points is to express my opinion using proper words and structure. Peer teaching may be more practical that doing a lot of grammar exercises. When I chat with friends, we can correct mistakes each other.

-ing or to + infinitive
http://www.edict.com.hk/vlc/verbs/frames6.htm

Verbs followed by the -ing form
-You must practice speaking English as much as you can.
-He admitted breaking in to the house, but denied killing the occupant.
-They knew they risked being arrested.
-He recommended reading the book before seeing the movie.
-They permitted smoking in the room.
-I missed hitting the target.

1 comment:

Steve said...

It sounds like you've got a good idea of your strengths and weaknesses.