Friday 5 September 2008

Verb tense

http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/verbs30finaltest.htm

final test-62%

I don't know a few answers still now. I need to study verb tenses more.

-We were late because we had some car problems. By the time we got to the train station, Susan (wait) for us for more than two hours.
-Sam (try) to change a light bulb when he slipped and (fell).
-Right now, Jim is reading the newspaper and Kathy is making dinner. Last night at this time, they were doing he same thing. She was cooking and he was reading the newspaper. Tomorrow at this time, they will also be doing the same thing. She will be preparing dinner and he will be reading. They are very predictable people!
-By this time next summer, you will have completed your studies and will have found a job. I, on the other hand, will not have accomplished anything. I will still be studying and you will be working in some new high paying job.
-The students are usually taught by Mrs. Monty. However, this week they (teach) by Mr. Tanzer.
-I'm going to make dinner for Frank.
/ I'm making dinner for Judy. / I'll make dinner for Mary. / I make dinner for Ted. / I will be making dinner for Tony.
Who are you offering to make dinner for? Mary
-Jane left when Tim arrived. /
Bob left when Tim had arrived. / Tim arrived when Mary was leaving. / John had left when Tim arrived. / After Tim arrived, Frank left.
Who did not run into Tim? John

No comments: